5.20.2008

We'll shoot your wedding ... for free!

If there's one thing I love about my wife more than anything else, it's her kindness.

Stacey has the innate ability to care for people....whether she's known them for 15 years, or just met them yesterday. For those of you who've spent some time with her on your wedding day, you know she has a kind, loving heart.

You also know that she LOVES to take pictures.

That said, a few months ago she approached me with an idea she had gotten from a photographer that she loves and admires....Jessica Claire

"Let's shoot someones wedding for free," she said.

I leaned back in my chair, and gave her the question she hates more than anything (because I ask it way too much!)

"Why?" I said.

"Because we can," she responded.

That's Stacey. She wants to shoot a deserving person's wedding for free because she can, and would love nothing more than to make a deserving couple even happier on their wedding day. She went on to explain that, while we always try to keep our prices affordable for everyone, we understand that there are people out there who would love some great pictures of their wedding day, but simply can't afford to hire a photographer. She wanted to give those people the same memories that we strive to give all of our clients on a weekly basis.

With that little precursor....

Stacey and I are announcing today that we want to shoot someones wedding completely free of charge in 2009. But before you get excited...there's a catch.

We're looking for a couple that has a story to tell. Whether it's a hardship they've overcome, or one they're currently facing....we want to hear their story. And we want them, a family member or a friend to tell us why they deserve a free wedding shoot.

So here's what the couple that we choose will get in return for their story:

- A full day of wedding coverage
- A minimum of 300 wedding proofs on a copyright-free DVD
- A 40-page, custom-designed coffee table album
- A wedding slideshow DVD put to music from your day
- A free engagement shoot, including a copyright-free DVD of the images
- A free bridal shoot, including a copyright-free DVD of the images

Here are the guidelines:

- The couple, or a family member or friend of the couple, must submit a written story via email of why they feel they deserve a free wedding from Gresham Photography.
- The submission must include a picture of the couple for us to use when we announce the winner.
- Family and friends of the couple are more than welcome to submit for the couple, but please be sure they would want us to shoot their wedding before you do!
- The couple must be getting married in the U.S. during 2009. While we will travel anywhere to shoot your big day, we simply can't afford to pay for airfare, or travel outside of 100 miles from Birmingham, Alabama without a little help. We welcome submission from anywhere in the U.S., but with the understanding that you might have to help out with some travel expenses if we pick you.
- Your date must be open on our calendar. We will hold all dates of submissions we receive open until a winner has been chosen.
- Your submission must be TRUE. This contest IS for couples who have overcome great odds, hardships, or are otherwise deserving of free wedding photography. This contest IS NOT for people who can afford a photographer, and just want to win something free.

Please include the following in your submission:

- The bride and grooms' first and last names.
- Their story (How they met, got engaged, and why they deserve this free wedding coverage)
- Contact information for both of them.
- The wedding date and location (We at least need to know the city/town where the wedding will be.)
- A digital picture of the couple measuring no less than 800 pixels in size on its longest side.

- All submission must be received by midnight on August 17, 2008.
- The final three deserving couples will be announced on our blog on August 24, 2008 by midnight.
- The final couple will be announced and contacted by August 31, 2008!!!
- Please email your submissions to brandon@simple-color.com.

Our selection committee will be made up of two of our closest friends, my brother and his wife, and both our sets of parents. Stacey and I will choose the three finalists, but will leave the big winners up to our family and friends.

That's it! We look forward to hearing from you and please feel free to contact me with any questions!

-Brandon

8 comments:

HBMoore said...

I think it's awesome that you guys are giving some couple the opportunity to have their wedding shot for free! That truly shows the type people that you are! Thank you for doing such a wonderful job on my wedding!

Brandon, I agree 100% with what you said about Stacey. She does have a kind loving heart. No matter where I was or what I was doing on my wedding day, she was always there to check on me and make sure I didn't need anything. (She checked on me more than anyone else did...lol). I will always be grateful for the kind-heartedness Stacey showed me on my wedding day!

Mallory soon-to-be Swinsick said...

You guys are amazing!! I think this is the sweetest thing in the world! What you said about Stacey is so true! From the few times that I have been around her, I can tell that she definitely has a kind heart!

Anonymous said...

You guys are so sweet! Someone's gonna be so excited! :o)

-Julie Woosley

P.S. We love the pictures we've seen so far from the wedding. Y'all are awesome!

Cara Dennis said...

What a wonderful gift to give. God bless!!!

Anonymous said...

I do think that what you guys are doing is wonderful. Very self-less and admirable.

Rick said...

Hey, I don't know if I'm writing this in the right place, but I think Ben and Cassidy should win the free wedding contest. Ben, like myself, is a starving musician and wants desperately provide a great wedding for his wife-to-be.

Anonymous said...

This is a wonderful thing you are doing. I know that whoever wins will be deserving, but I do hope that Ben Nelson and Cassidy Harrison win. I've known Ben for... 13 years at least and he is truly an amazing guy and he has found himself an equally amazing girl to spend the rest of his life with. They have been together for I think over 4 years now and have had some of the highest highs and lowest lows. But they have always found a way to make things better through their love for eachother.

Anonymous said...

I think it's awesome that you guys are giving some couple the opportunity to have their wedding shot for free! Someone's gonna be so excited! :o)

 
>